Due to rising cases in COVID-19 and recommendations from university leadership, the Health Sciences Library will be closed effective 5:45 PM ET on Friday, November 20, until further notice. Please check the Library Reopening page for the most up-to-date information regarding library access and hours.
We regret that we are unable to check out Bones & Models during library closure. Our Anatomy Guide is a great virtual resource that is available at all times.
Instructors are encouraged to contact Public Services with any questions.
The following process is in place for print reserves:
- All print reserve items may be checked out for a 3-week loan period.
- Items are available on a first come, first serve basis. No holds or renewals permitted.
- Library visitors may check out TWO print reserve items at a time for use outside of the library.
- Check out items with your BuckID or medical center badge at the Public Services desk on the first floor of Prior Hall.
- All returns must be placed in the book drop located on the front exterior of Prior Hall. We will not accept items at the Public Services desk.
- All print items will be quarantined for five days prior to check-in.
To place course material on reserve*, please use our Reserve Request Form.
For more information, review our Course Reserve Policy.
*Print reserves for courses will follow the same lending process detailed above.
If the library does not own a desired title, you may recommend it for purchase.
The Health Sciences Library discontinued its eReserves service of linking or scanning and posting readings to Carmen on behalf of instructors. While HSL staff will no longer post or link readings to Carmen courses, we do provide assistance with identifying stable links that can be added to Carmen courses.
Prior Hall 112