Workshop: Advanced PubMed (Virtual)
Advanced PubMed Workshop
Monday, June 13
12 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. EDT
Online Workshop led by Anna Biszaha, Assistant Professor, HSL Research and Education Librarian
Join us for an advanced session on searching in PubMed. This database is one of the top resources to search for almost any health science topic, and the workshop will provide a deeper look at how the database is structured and strategies to refine and optimize your searches.
Topics to be covered include:
- Automatic Term Mapping: how it works and how it affects a search
- MeSH: how it is organized and the automatic explosion feature
- Advanced search tools: truncation, phrases, field tags
- Using your search history to critically evaluate search strategy adjustments
- Saving searches and creating alerts
Previous PubMed experience is recommended. This workshop is ideal for students, faculty, or staff who have a basic familiarity with PubMed and would like to take a deeper dive.
This workshop will not be recorded, but slides will be shared with participants.
Can’t make the workshop? Check out our PubMed Guide.
If you require accommodation such as live captioning or interpretation to participate in this event, please contact Katherine Hoffman at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 292-4861. Requests made by Monday, June 6 will generally allow us to provide seamless access, but the university will make every effort to meet requests made after this date.