Many research databases, as well as the OSU and OhioLINK catalogs, allow you to output citations in a format that can be imported directly into bibliographic management software. Here are instructions for some of these programs:
- RefWorks is a full-featured online research management, writing and collaboration tool you can use to collect, store, share and organize citations for multiple research papers and projects. You can use your RefWorks account to create bibliographies and manuscripts. RefWorks is available to all OSU students, faculty and staff, compliments of University Libraries.
- Get help using RefWorks
- EndNote Web is a web-based reference organizer and collaboration tool that is available due to OSU Libraries subscription to the Web of Knowledge. EndNote Web provides you with a 10,000 record library and can be used to collect and organize references, format bibliographies, and more. Please note: EndNote Web is a companion product to EndNote Desktop (which is not provided by OSU) and has a limited set of features.
- Get help using EndNote Web
Help with Other Citation Management Tools
- EndNote Desktop, Procite, and Reference Manager Help - Please be advised that OSU does not subscribe to and does not have a site license to support EndNote Desktop, ProCite, or Reference Manager.
- Zotero and Mendeley are two other citation management tools, currently freely available.