Due to health and safety considerations, the library has modified its borrowing and lending options for Bones & Models Reserves. Details are below.
A selection of anatomical models will be available for checkout. Please see available models here. Models may be reserved up to 1 day in advance.
The following process is in place for models:
- One model per student for a 2 hour period. Renewals are not permitted.
- Models must stay in the library at all times.
- Anatomical models will have a 2 hour time block of unavailablity between borrowers for cleaning and sanitization by library staff.
- Models not available the first 2 hours the library is open to allow for cleaning and sanitization for use for the day.
- Models are required to be returned 45 minutes prior to the library closing each day, or late fees will be assessed. Check library hours here.
- Check-in/check-out process will be contact free. BuckID or Medical Center Badge required for checkout.
- While a model is checked out, observe the following:
- Wash hands prior to model checkout and use.
- Face mask is required while model is in use.
- Gloves are encouraged, but not required. Borrowers may ask for gloves at the Public Services desk.
- Wash hands after model use.
Fines for reserve items:
$2.00 for the first hour
$5.00 for each additional hour
Do you need to use bones and models for use outside the library?
Please read our policy for terms and conditions regarding use of bones and models outside the library. All requests must be submitted to the Public Services Manager or Reserve Library Associate. Policy and request form are avaiable here.