- Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine
- Medical Surgical Nursing
- Access Medicine
- Davis Drug Guide
- UpToDate - Provides evidence-based answers to commonly asked questions in clinical practice. Designed to provide practical, concise information needed at the point of care. (on campus only access)
- Mosby's Nursing Skills: Contains OSU nursing specific procedures. References provided within are useful for getting started.
- Clinical Key: contains content from several current Elsevier databases including MD Consult, First Consult, Procedures Consult, Clinics of North America and new content including nearly 900 eBooks.
A list of all health sciences-related databases is available. PubMed, CINAHL and the Cochrane Library are the most frequently recommended databases for searching the literature of nursing.
- Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews - The Cochrane Library is a collection of six databases that contain different types of high-quality, independent evidence to inform healthcare decision-making, and a seventh database that provides information about groups in The Cochrane Collaboration. The database includes: Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials Cochrane Methodology Register, Database of Abstracts of Reviews of Effects, Health Technology Assessment Database, NHS Economic Evaluation Database, and About The Cochrane Collaboration.
- CINAHL - Information published from 1982 to present on nursing and allied health fields. Includes journal articles, books, book chapters, pamphlets, dissertations, audiovisuals and educational software, and virtually all publications of the American Nurses' Association and the National League for Nursing. Evidence based care sheets are also available.
- PubMed - The National Library of Medicine’s premier database covers the fields of medicine, nursing, dentistry, allied medical professions, veterinary medicine, the health care system, and the preclinical sciences. Indexes articles from approximately 4,300 journals published in the U.S. and seventy other countries.
PubMed Tutorial from NLM (comprehensive in length)
PubMed Quick Tours: brief videos on specific search techniques
CINAHL Video Series from Yale: 10-part series on searching CINAHL.
Cochrane Library Search Tour: 12 page manual from the Cochrane Collaboration covering search techniques for Cochrane.
Database Search Tips: From MIT libraries. Great guide covering all the basics including Boolean operators, truncation, and keywords versus subject headings.