UPDATED: Autumn Semester Library Information and Hours
The Health Sciences Library is now open to all OSU students, faculty and staff via card swipe access to Prior Hall.
Starting at 6 p.m. Friday, March 11: in alignment with university guidelines, masks will be optional while in Prior Hall. Masks will be required in clinical health care settings (including at the Wexner Medical Center), COVID-19 testing locations, child care centers and on public transportation. Please ask at the front desk if you need a mask.
All OSU students, faculty, and staff may now access Prior Hall during the Health Sciences Library's normal operating hours. However, all access is still via card swipe only. Each person entering the library must swipe his/her/their own ID. Non-compliance will result in the loss of your library access privileges.
- BuckID holders: BuckID holders who previously had access to Prior Hall still have access. Any newly issued BuckIDs will also include swipe access to the building.
- Medical Center badge holders: some Medical Center badges include swipe access to Prior Hall. If your Medical Center badge does not allow you to swipe into Prior, you will need to obtain a BuckID. Appointments to obtain a BuckID can be made by visiting the BuckID website.
Additional access guidelines:
- All online services and resources remain available.
- Library visitors can place holds on materials to pick up at the library. Please visit our Circulation FAQ webpage for more information.
- The library book drop is open, and library materials may also be returned at the front desk.
- NEW for Autumn 2021: the library is pleased to offer Extended Library Access (ELA) via application only. Please visit the ELA information page on our website for important information and guidelines, and to apply.
If you are not currently on campus, you may reach out to us via one of the following methods:
- Librarians may be reached through our online Ask A Librarian form at any time.
- Medical Visuals can be reached via email for medical illustration, printing, portrait photography or graphic design services. You may also use our online poster upload form to submit your poster printing requests.
Stay Healthy guidelines:
- Wipe down your study area before you leave, using your own cleaning supplies or the wipes located on each floor of the library.
- If you do not feel well or have symptoms, please stay home and contact your medical provider.
The Safe and Healthy Buckeyes website will have the most up-to-date COVID-related university information.