Summer Semester Library Information and Hours
The Health Sciences Library is now open to all OSU students, faculty and staff via BuckID or Medical Center badge-swipe access to Prior Hall.
All OSU students, faculty and staff may now access Prior Hall during the Health Sciences Library's normal operating hours. However, all access is still via BuckID or Medical Center badge-swipe only. Each person entering the library must swipe his/her/their own ID. Non-compliance will result in the loss of your library access privileges.
- BuckID holders: BuckID holders who previously had access to Prior Hall still have access. Any newly issued BuckIDs will also include swipe access to the building.
- Medical Center badge holders: some Medical Center badges include swipe access to Prior Hall. If your Medical Center badge does not allow you to swipe into Prior, you will need to obtain a BuckID. Appointments to obtain a BuckID can be made here.
Please note: at this time, masks are still required at all times while in the building, despite vaccination status. Thank you for doing your part to keep yourself and others safe.
Additional access guidelines:
- The library will have socially-distanced study areas.
- All online services and resources remain available.
- Library visitors can place holds on materials to pick up at the library. Please see our Circulation FAQ for more information.
- The library book drop is open, and is the preferred method for returning library materials. Returned materials are quarantined prior to being checked in. If you are not on campus, please continue to keep your library materials.
If you are not currently on campus, you may reach out to us via one of the following methods:
- Through our Live Chat interface (when online) or through our Ask A Librarian form.
- Medical Visuals can be reached via email for medical illustration, printing, portrait photography or graphic design services.
Stay Healthy guidelines:
- Perform your temperature check prior to entering the building.
- Properly wear a mask — masks are required at all times in the library. Don your mask prior to entering the building.
- Observe all posted signage, for everyone’s health, safety and comfort.
- Follow social distancing guidelines. Library seating has been spaced to promote proper social distancing. Please do not move the furniture.
- At this time, food is not permitted in the library. Covered drinks are permitted.
- Wipe down your study area before you leave, using your own cleaning supplies or the wipes located on each floor of the library.
- If you do not feel well or have symptoms, please stay home and contact your medical provider.
The Safe and Healthy Buckeyes web site will have the most up-to-date COVID-related university information.