The Health Sciences Library / Prior Hall offers wireless access and power ports at several locations for library customers to use with their own personal notebooks, laptops and other mobile devices.
These access points are unsecured and accessible only during normal library hours. A customer's use of the wireless network is also governed by OSU's Policy on Responsible Use of University Computing and Network Resources.
- As with most public wireless the Library's wireless connection should be treated as an insecure network. Any information being transmitted could potentially be intercepted by another wireless user. Cautious and informed wireless users should choose not to transmit personal information (credit card numbers, passwords and any other sensitive information) while using the wireless network. Please take appropriate precautions when using this service.
- The Library cannot guarantee that your computing device will work with the Library's wireless access points.
- All wireless access users should have up-to-date virus protection on their laptop computers or wireless devices.
- The Library will not be responsible for any information (e.g. credit card) that is compromised or for the theft of equipment left unattended.
- The Library will not be responsible for any damage caused to your hardware or software due to electric surges, security issues or consequences caused by viruses or hacking.
- Wireless printing is available to students/faculty/staff iubg the wireless using the campus Follow Me Printing service.